1. Socially Impactful – having a clear intended benefit to a community, cause or social problem.
2. Challenging – stretching and ambitious as well as enjoyable and enabling.
3. Youth-led – owned and shaped by young people’s needs, ideas and decision-making.
4. Progressive- sustainable, and providing links to other activities and opportunities.
5. Embedded – accessible to all, and well integrated to existing pathways to become a habit for life.
6. Reflective – recognising contributions as well as valuing critical reflection and learning.